Symposia Submission is Now Closed
Symposia provide you an opportunity to present concepts and new data to an interested and engaged, worldwide audience.
Symposia proposals will be ranked according to scientific and clinical significance, relevance of the topic, timeliness of the research, and broadness of the topic’s appeal. Higher weight will be given to symposia with multi‐national participation. Symposium submissions MUST:
- Be focused on a single topic that is relevant and scientifically excellent
- Be complete (title, summary, learning objectives, and target audience)
- Include all required information for each speaker (title of contribution, first and last name, country, email address, signed speaker release form)
- Fit into the standard time allocated per symposium of 90 minutes
- Be received by the World Sleep Society by December 1, 2018 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Symposia proposals will be ranked by the 2019 Congress Program Committee according to the relevance of the topic, the timeliness of the research, and the broadness of the topic’s appeal. Higher weight will be given to symposia with multi‐national participation. Symposium proposals will be reviewed and individually scored 1 to 10 (10 = best) by each member of the Program Committee. Professional staff will calculate the weighted average score of each proposal. Program Committee will hold an in-person meeting to review rankings and develop a balanced symposium program to include each major category of sleep medicine. Submitted symposia should follow a geographic and gender balance. Read World Sleep Society’s Scientific Selection Policy for further information.
Honoraria & Reimbursement Policy
World Sleep Society does not provide honoraria to academic planners, committee members, co-chairs, or speakers. No individual involved in a CME activity may receive payments directly from a commercial interest, including honoraria, travel, out-of-pocket expenses or other payments. Generally, speakers receiving an invitation from the Program Committee are eligible to receive complimentary registration and reimbursement of additional costs which they incur due to their contribution. Read World Sleep Society’s Honoraria and Reimbursement Policy for more details.
Remember to save the document to your computer before completing.